Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Protein

Getting the required amount of protein a day is a challenge. My doc wants me to have 50-60 grams a day spread over 3 meals. This doesn't seem like much but when you are eating less than 500 calories and your portions are small it's tough.

Luckily I love eggs, so breakfast is a no brainer. Lunch and dinner are more of an effort. I try to keep varying my meals but I fall into a rut and just grab the cottage cheese or beef jerky.

I'm not caring as much about food, okay, I'm not obsessing about food as much. I do think about sweets and that bothers me. I try to get some blueberries in everyday to help with that craving. My doctor approves of my choice, my nutritionist is not as receptive but I have to treat myself or I will go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment