Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Women have Curves

I got an offer for 30 days/$30 at my local Curves. I'd heard good and bad about this type of circuit training. I had decided to go in with an open mind and stretchy pants.

The gal who runs our local place seems very nice and took me through a fitness assessment and then helped my do a 30 minute workout on the machines. I figured since I've been swimming so much it would be a snap. I didn't do as much as the other women there, as part of my time on each machine was just learning what to do but I can tell that I did get a workout. My muscles are feeling it. I can't wait to go back.

I do see that it is a routine that is drive by you. You are only going to get out of it what you put into it. I like that I was targeting certain muscles that I obviously wasn't hitting by just swimming. So I'm thinking I will do Curves 3 days a week, swim twice a week and try and get a bike ride in the other days.

3 comments:

  1. You will probably very quickly hit a plateau because Curves' equipment is not adjustable- that is when the workout will get very boring. They will tell you that you only need to push faster/harder; however, you will quickly find out that you can only push so fast in 30 seconds. Don't sign a long-term contract; Curves clubs are closing very quickly all over the country. See http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/curves-robert-lays-story/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had family try it and love it, let me know how it goes. I wish I could find more time (and $ haha) to join a gym, i'll have to check out the $30/30 to see if they do it again or still are doing it at some locations. Thats IS a good deal!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking at the counter at the top of this blog, and WOW.

    I haven't come by for a while, but I'm really impressed by the progress so far. Keep it up! You'll reach your goal before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete