Saturday, April 24, 2010

Losing more than weight

I've dropped almost 75 pounds and I've lost some other things along the way. One is my sense of humor. I can't seem to find enough funny to write in my humor blog much. But that doesn't worry me too much, what I'm losing also that concerns me a lot is my hair.

They told me that hair loss could be a side effect of rapid weight loss. Well, I've got thick hair and just how much are we talking about. Well, I'm losing hair and altho it's not coming out in handfuls, it's still enough that my husband thought the cat had been laying on my collar. And it's not all over my head, just on the top. Yep, male pattern baldness. So far, no one can see a difference but I can feel the thinning when I run my hands thru my hair. I'm taking Biotin, which is suppose to help prevent hair loss, I'm eating lots of protein too.

I don't want to be that middle aged woman in a wig that everyone snickers at. At least I'm losing the weight and I won't be the fat middle aged woman in a wig.

No comments:

Post a Comment