Tuesday, December 15, 2009

8 Days to go

I'm a week out from my Bariatric Surgery and the reality of it is starting to hit me. I shared my news of WLS with my 9th grade Girl Scout Troop. They were very nice about it and were very encouraging. Then they went back to their goofy selves and made offers of pureeing a Big Mac for me after the surgery. Gotta love the teenage girls.

To prepare for surgery I was told that I needed to lose 5% of the excess weight from the time I started in on the program. Which is about 10 pounds. So far I'd lost 16 and I hadn't gone down in a couple of days. Weighed in last night, and I'd gained 1/2 lb! But this morning I was 2 1/2 lbs down.

I haven't done any Christmas baking this year and I don't think I will. If my weight creeps up, then they will cancel my surgery and it will be months before I get another date.

Losing just 18 lbs has done a world of good for my knees. It doesn't make a much of dent in what I need to lose but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment