Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bodily Functions

I was told I might get constipated so I was expecting it. For 2 days, I've drunk my Benefiber and tried to squeeze out the poop I can feel rattling around inside me. After a disappointing attempt yesterday that yielded only one small raisin sized pooh, I was very excited to pass a small box of raisins this morning before my shower. I let the shower pour over my sore butt as I hoped I wouldn't suffer from hemorrhoids. I didn't think I had completed the job but I just wasn't able to get more out without hurting myself.

Rob and I decided to take a ride to Alki in West Seattle. There are great views of downtown and a pleasant walkway along the beach. I was feeling up to it so we took a stroll. On the way back to the car, we came to a public restroom and I was still feeling a bit of need so we stopped for a bit. I just sat there after my pee and knew that nothing was coming.

We continue back to the car and I start to get an ache in my lower belly. Rob's all concerned and I said I just thought it was a bit of gas. Just before we got into the car, I let a little air escape. It wasn't just air. Let's just say that constipation is no longer a problem and I had a very uncomfortable ride home. Rob offered to stop at a bathroom somewhere but unlike the toddler I'm starting to feel like, I hadn't packed a change of clothes with me.

I feel better now.

* I should have titled this: How I pooped in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment